CUP members from the Western, Prairie and Northern regions will convene on the University of Saskatchewan campus this fall for WPNCUP, a semi-annual regional conference. The Sheaf has gathered media professionals on the weekend of October 17–19 to teach their craft to budding journalists. The diverse roster of expertise will include lessons on freelancing, culture writing, humour and investigative journalism. For the full line-up of announced speakers, click here (the list is still growing!).
The conference will also be open to non-members, who can register on the conference page. Last year the conference was help by Over The Edge in British Columbia. It was a weekend filled with Haikus, networking and learning opportunities for the attendees.
- Chris Morin (culture writing)
- Ashleigh Mattern (freelancing)
- Malene Jorgenson (harnessing social media)
- James Pepler (humour writing)
- Leonzo Barreno (University of Regina, speaking on Rights and Responsibilities of a Journalist)
- Patricia Elliott (University of Regina, Investigative Tools)
- Friday night panel discussion with David Hutton, Charles Hamilton and Andrea Hill (all of the StarPhoenix)